CDR FUNDRAISING GROUP JUNIOR COPYWRITER
The Junior Copywriter will ideally have experience writing for direct mail and multi-channel integrated campaigns. If you have agency experience, excellent writing skills, know how to tell a compelling story and position an offer, can motivate your reader to take the action you want them to take, and enjoy working in a fast-paced creative environment, we’d love to meet you! Or, if you’re eager to hone your talents and skills to become a fundraiser helping to change the world, you’re the kind of enthusiastic thinker we’d like to develop.
- Develops and delivers clear, concise, and compelling direct mail and digital copy for nonprofit organizations to help them raise funds to fulfill their missions.
- Collaborates with senior creative staff to complete direct mail and digital campaigns.
- Takes approved control copy and versions to create audience-specific messaging that fits the format.
- Reflects the “voice” of a variety of clients in different verticals adhering to client brand and style guidelines.
- Listens well and is receptive to internal and client feedback.
- Delivers a quality product in a high volume, fast-paced agency environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of direct mail and multi-channel integrated campaigns, or a willingness to learn.
- Critical and strategic thinker.
- Eager to learn, research and synthesize information.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort with a fast-paced agency environment and a variety of client service tasks.
- Is organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and on teams, able to manage multiple concurrent projects while meeting critical deadlines.
- Other key competencies include quality control, adaptability, initiative and innovation, sound judgement, outstanding problem-solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or Liberal Arts preferred.
- Three years of experience within an organization or agency, direct mail agency preferred.
- Experience writing for nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Qualified candidates must provide writing samples or access to a portfolio of work.
CDR Fundraising Group is an award-winning, full-service direct response fundraising agency with more than 30 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising and advocacy. Our staff of account executives, analysts, creatives, production specialists, media experts and strategy consultants work together to create some of the most effective, multi-channel fundraising solutions in the United States.
Our client’s missions are our purpose and our passion. Together, we raise money to transform lives.
CDR Fundraising Group is a Moore company, the largest direct marketing firm in the country dedicated to the nonprofit, association, and government sectors (https://wearemoore.com/). More about CDR and our clients can be found at www.cdrfg.com.
CDR Fundraising Group is proud to be Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, age, and other statuses protected by law.
CDR Fundraising Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and paid time off so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Each full-time position at CDR is eligible for our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical & prescription, dental and vision insurance, employer paid Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage, Health Savings Account plan, Flexible Spending Account plans for health and dependent care, and other voluntary benefit options. We offer paid holidays, paid personal leave, paid volunteer leave, and paid family leave. Employees have the option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. Several benefit plans have eligibility waiting periods.
How to Apply:
The link to the application is provided here: CDR Fundraising Group Junior Copywriter.
Inquiries can be directed to Lisa Behuncik, Human Resources Director, 301-858-1500, firstname.lastname@example.org.