CDR Fundraising Group, a full-service direct marketing agency with offices in Bowie, MD and Arlington, VA, is seeking a seasoned direct response copywriter with experience writing for direct mail and digital to join our Creative Services Department. If you have excellent writing skills, know how to tell a compelling story, can motivate your reader to take the action you want them to take, and you have the desire to work in a fun, fast-paced creative environment —CDR wants you on our team.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise and compelling direct mail and digital copy for nonprofit organizations to help them raise funds to fulfill their missions.
- Help conceptualize and develop new package concepts and digital campaigns.
- Review and understand package performance results.
- Work closely with client service, leadership and creative team members to conceptualize effective fundraising campaigns and offers for use in direct mail, digital and print channels.
- Maintain consistent and compelling messaging according to each client’s brand guidelines.
- Revise or redevelop new or existing campaigns based on internal and client feedback.
- Edit and proofread at various stages of the development process.
- Supplement writing resources provided with internet research and interviews as needed.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, able to work independently and to manage multiple projects at once while meeting critical deadlines.
- Deliver a quality product in a high volume, fast-paced agency environment.
- Travel for client meetings and events may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Four-year degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or Liberal Arts preferred.
- Five or more years of experience producing effective direct mail fundraising copy.
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe InCopy a plus.
- Qualified candidates must provide writing samples or access to a portfolio of your work.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Senior Copywriter in the subject line.