CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Digital Advertising Strategist to join our Digital Media Department. The Digital Advertising Strategist is responsible for leading digital advertising campaign management and optimization to acquire, cultivate, and retain online constituents across multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to work in fast-paced, creative environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Proficiency with digital media buying for a nonprofit, including any or all of the following platforms: Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick Bid Manager, Yahoo, Google Ad Grants, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experience with digital direct response marketing strategy and tactics, and how to measure the impact of various channels and campaigns.
- Knowledge of and experience with online marketing for a nonprofit is required, including any or all of the following: ad campaigns, search engine marketing and other acquisition channels; social networking, and mobile marketing.
- Certification in Google Adwords Search, Display required, Video and Shopping.
- Experience with e-CRM platforms Blackbaud, Salsa and Convio, Photoshop and knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus.
- Certification in Google Analytics.
- Experience with online creative development, solid instincts for what makes compelling copy that will elicit an action ideal.
- Experience managing junior staff members a plus.
- Manage and optimize search, display, native, and social advertising for assigned clients with oversight from senior digital advertising team members.
- Oversee media buying and advertising management of clients assigned to junior staff members.
- Implement advertising campaigns, including search advertising, online ad placements, ad creation and copy development for assigned clients.
- Compiling advertising reports and presenting them to assigned clients with oversight from senior digital advertising team members.
- Oversee assigned junior digital advertising team members and contribute to their professional development and growth.
- Oversee Digital Advertising team quality assurance of soon to be launching campaigns.
- Serve as assigned advertising team lead for one or multiple nonprofit clients.
- Support on advertising focused new business opportunities as assigned.
- Maintain and report on emerging advertising trends.
- Provide support to Associate Director on all misc. items related to advertising campaigns for CDR clients as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting opportunities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong presentation skills in a client facing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required.
- Three or more years of digital marketing experience. Nonprofit and/or fundraising experience required.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords.
- Experience with e-CRM platforms such as Blackbaud Convio/Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired. Knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Advertising Strategist in the subject line.