Digital Strategist - Digital Media
CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Arlington, VA and Bowie, MD, is seeking a skilled Digital Strategist to join our Digital Media Department. The Digital Strategist is responsible for leading digital campaign execution to acquire, cultivate, retain and upgrade online donors across one or multiple nonprofit clients. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to work in fast-paced, creative environment with ever-shifting schedules and priorities.
- Provide strategic direction for email marketing campaigns, online acquisition efforts, social media outreach, and other digital marketing efforts.
- Produce client performance reports; identify trends and opportunities for growth.
- Work with writers, designers, advertising strategists and technical experts to generate top-notch, engaging digital campaigns to support client goals.
- Ensure overall quality control of all digital assets; ensuring timeliness and accuracy of deliverables including multi-channel testing plans, campaign reports and change.
- Assist with researching and negotiating terms with vendors; rout and finalize contracts.
- Lead internal meetings.
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Assist directors and other senior staff with other activities as assigned.
The major areas of expertise include:
- Knowledge of and experience with online marketing for nonprofits, including any or all of the following disciplines: email campaigns, advocacy, social media, peer-to-peer fundraising, and digital acquisition channels.
- Development and implementation of online fundraising strategies, including management of communications calendars.
- Understanding of current industry best practices and emerging fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Background in digital communications, fundraising and/or marketing.
- Solid instincts for compelling creative design that will elicit donor action.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects in a deadline-driven environment; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Comfort working with data and using past results to drive future strategy.
- Commitment to delivering error-free work and high-quality customer service to clients.
- Ability to adapt to shifting client priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, customer-service oriented attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Two to three years of online marketing and fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; degree in Marketing or Communications preferred, but not required.
- Experience with platforms such as Blackbaud Luminate Online, Salsa, Classy, Engaging Networks highly desired. Knowledge of CMS and web editing software a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Google AdWords a plus.
Creative Direct Response, Inc., is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.