CDR Fundraising Group, a well-established, full-service direct marketing company, with offices in Bowie, MD, and Arlington, VA, is seeking a skilled Marketing Assistant to join our Marketing and Business Development Department. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing support on a wide range of projects focused on CDR Fundraising Group’s marketing and new business initiatives. The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a passion for nonprofits.
- Lead CDR marketing initiatives through concept and content development, relationship building with industry contacts, and serving as CDR’s voice on the website and social media accounts.
- Develop and manage yearly marketing calendar including social media outreach, blog content development, conference collateral, industry awards, and company and client events.
- Development of copy and creative for marketing collateral used at conferences and industry events.
- Support in the development of marketing and new business process as it relates to prospect onboarding, proposals, and presentations.
- Develop and manage the creation of company marketing email campaigns.
- Support on the creation and writing of new business presentations and proposals.
- Management and content sourcing for company website and social media accounts.
- Management of content repository for proposals across case studies, team bios, and service areas.
- Copy development for the company blog, award submissions and client case studies.
- Management of industry award process from writing entries to submission.
- Research and analysis of competitor companies and their marketing efforts.
- Management of prospect lead database for potential clients.
- Ability to be collaborative and exhibit strong interpersonal skills; comfortable interfacing with executive leadership.
- Ability to devise new creative concepts that graphically illustrate the mission, vision, and values of CDR Fundraising Group through our presentations, marketing collateral, social media, and our website.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and stay on top of project deliverables.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects; a resourceful self-starter who can take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and prioritize constantly shifting priorities.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Communications especially useful, but not required.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience. Nonprofit industry and/or marketing agency experience a plus.